Through years of practical work and scientific research, Arud has accumulated substantial knowledge over a wide range of areas. We bring this know-how to various collaborative projects. Together with our partners we combine knowledge and experience of different fields.
Our main facility at Schützengasse 31 near Zurich main station is home to many of these projects, allowing for interdisciplinary exchange and efficient and uncomplicated collaboration.
As part of a collaboration with the Specialist Office for Sexual Health Zurich (SeGZ), the former Zürcher Aids-Hilfe (Aids-Help Zurich), Arud provides specialist doctors and psychiatrists and offers consultations, tests and counselling. The health centre offers to men who have sex with men, trans people and their relatives:
- gay-friendly consultations, evaluations and treatment of HIV and other sexually transmitted diseases
- consultations with one of Arud’s infectious diseases specialists
Konradstrasse 1, 8005 Zurich
Phone 044 455 59 10
Sun 4pm–8pm (no doctor present, PEP can still be assessed and dispensed)
No appointments necessary. For tests, please arrive at least 40 minutes before closing time.
DIZ is a collaboration of Arud with Streetwork, a youth counselling service of the Social Department of the City of Zurich. It offers
- a point of contact for consumers of designer drugs (“party drugs”)
- permanent or temporary drug checking services, e. g. in clubs, with information about effects and risks of addictive substances
- straightforward and non-binding opportunity to talk about problems when using drugs or about any other aspects related to drugs
- if required, referral to further support services
Anonymous and free of charge. No appointments necessary.
A collaboration of Arud with ada-zh (family counselling in the field of addiction), which offers
- counselling in person or over the phone as well as help with everyday problems or specific questions regarding living situations, finances, treatment, boundary setting or detachment for relatives or people close to someone affected
- individual, family, or couples counselling
- crisis interventions
- information about addictive substances and their effects, and insights into the thinking and acting of people suffering from dependencies
The many years of experience of ada-zh in counselling relatives and the extensive knowledge of Arud in medical and psychiatric treatment and care of people suffering from addiction complement each other perfectly.
This cooperation enables us to better coordinate the different needs and demands of relatives and consumers, to resolve misunderstandings and to promote a mutual understanding.
Seefeldstrasse 128, 8008 Zürich
Phone 044 384 80 10
Please call to book an appointment.
CHF 70 for initial consultations. Further consultation rates depend on your income. Medical treatment is paid for by the health insurance.